Video Counselling Workshop
This is a two-day workshop for anyone who wants to find out more about video counselling. Learn about how to use this medium safely and ethically. Our trainers focus on the practicalities of working with online video and provide the opportunity to practice with this modality in the safety of the learning environment.
Our workshops are normally restricted to a maximum of 12 attendees to ensure an ideal learning environment. We explore hopes, fears and expectations of video counselling; investigate the ethical issues involved; and consider how to keep the client and therapist working together safely and effectively. The course is designed to be practical, thought provoking and informative, whilst facilitating debate in this emerging area of practice.
The main objectives are:
- To provide a practical, explorative, and creative environment for delegates.
- To provide information on the ethical issues surrounding video counselling.
- To review the practicalities of offering video counselling.
- To look at the impact of video counselling on counsellor, clients and the counselling arena.
- To offer tools and techniques of working with this medium.
The course is designed for counsellors / psychotherapists but is also open to, and suitable for, other practitioners and therapist (e.g. GP’s, Occupational Therapists, Teachers, Play Therapists, etc.).
The workshop content includes:
- Exploring Hopes and Fears
- Why choose to work online: Practitioner-Client dialogue
- Practice environment: Setting up your video counselling service
- Boundaries in Contract Design & Setting
- Experiential group work: discover what works and what doesn’t
- Practicalities & Efficacy of video counselling
The workshops currently take place in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Each day will start 9.30 am and end at 4.30 pm and the completed course may count as 12 hours CPD. Certificates will be provided, along with hand-outs to support the training.
As this is an experiential training, participants should bring with them their own laptop/tablet (with camera, microphone and speaker – most will have these as standard), with Skype loaded on to it and with their own Skype account. This will allow you to experiment and practice with your own computer. If you do not have a suitable machine you can still attend and take a fully active part in the workshop but will not have the benefit of exploring the work on your own computer.
On completion of the second day all delegates will be invited to attend a 20 minute presentation on how to join the Facetime Consultancy Counsellor/Supervisor Team.
2 Day Workshop Cost: £199
Click here to download your workshop-application-form.
Please send the completed application form, together with payment to:
Facetime Consultancy, Oast Barn, Hale Farm, Hartlake Road, TUDELEY, Kent, TN11 0PQ.